Time to make it official! I have moved to Clearpath Solutions Group where I’ll take on the role of Virtualization Practice Manager, focusing on delivering VMware solutions and services to our VMware, Cisco, and EMC customers. I’m looking forward to joining a high energy company where I can focus on the VMware technologies that I am passionate about. I’m going to hit the ground running with VMware View implementations, Site Recovery Manager (SRM) work, and vSphere upgrades on EMC storage and Cisco UCS servers.
A few perks that I am looking forward to in this new job:
- With the changing roles, I’ll be ramping up my writing on VMtoday, as well as on Clearpath’s blog. A consistent focus on virtualization ought to help provide fodder for my blogging.
- My commute will shorten by about 33% (new commute will be a whopping 4 miles each way on side roads – unheard of in Northern Virginia / Washington, DC!).
- More active in social media – @ClearpathSG gets it (+Clearpath Solutions Group, http://www.facebook.com/ClearpathSolutions, http://www.linkedin.com/company/100452)
- VMware Partner Exchange (PEX) – I look forward to seeing all my virtualization friends at PEX next week!
- New colleagues – there’s some great folks at Clearpath, and we’re still hiring. Check it out and join the team!
Leaving my role as IT Manager at Tiber Creek Consulting was not an easy decision, but it is time to move from being a constantly distracted, generalist IT Manager to something with a bit more focused. Tiber Creek has been amazingly flexible and encouraging over the past three years as Stephanie Townsend and I have worked though her health issues and the stress it imposes on our family (with Stephanie having improved over the past few months after a new procedure to patch her cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) leaks, I feel some freedom to go after great new things). Tiber Creek is a great group of people doing great work for our armed forces, and I’ll miss the great team that I have been a part of for the past three years. Thanks for everything, Tiber Creek!
Here’s to an awesome new role, at an awesome new company. Thumbs up – let’s do this thing!