While setting up a new 17″ MacBook Pro today I found that an update to VMware Fusion has been released. The update, version 2.0.5, has a release date of June 23. According to the release notes, the update includes:
- Support for Mac OS X Server guest operating systems on Macs with Intel Xeon 5500 and 3500 Series processors (based on Nehalem micro-architecture)
- Provides experimental support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Server as a guest operating system (32-bit only)
- Provides experimental support for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard as a host operating system (32-bit only)
- Supports Ubuntu 9.04 as a guest operating system, including features such as VMware Tools pre-built modules and Easy Install
- Reduces CPU usage when a virtual machine is idle under VMware Fusion
- Contains fixes for more than 80 bugs
Download a trial version or update your purchased copy here: https://vmware.com/download/fusion/.