The VMware View Client for Android was updated to version 1.6.0 on September 25th. The new version brings several enhancements, including:
- Support for Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Integrated RSA soft token for easier login
- URI schema using vmware-view:// for easier setup. This will allow administrators to send a link directly to View Connection or Security Servers. When a user clicks the URI, the View Client will automatically connect to the defined View server.
- Client-side caching for reduced bandwidth. This will cache same pixels locally on the device resulting in reduced bandwidth and improved user experience.
- Multitasking improvements reduces bandwidth when in background
- Disconnect from desktop now returns to Recent Desktops
- Add desktop shortcut to Android home screen
Download the VMware View Client for Android from the Google Play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vmware.view.client.android